The School of Food Science and Nutrition will be holding a 2 night residential summer school from 27th – 29th June 2018 for Year 12 students.
The Food Science Summer School aims to give young scientists an idea of how exciting Food Science can really be, opening their eyes to this ever changing multidisciplinary science subject which affects everyone on a daily basis.
The event will give students the chance to:
- Investigate product design with Marks & Spencer
- Visit a leading food manufacturer
- Use analytical techniques to understand the properties of food
- Explore the campus and experience life at university, including staying in one of our halls of residence
- Find out more about careers in food
- Meet current students and graduates
- Get information and guidance on applying to university
Further details of the programme will be sent to candidates upon receiving an offer of a place.
For more information and to apply please visit the food sciences website.
This three-day residential course provides an introduction to student life and mathematics at the University of Leeds. We offer you a sneak preview of university life plus an insight into how mathematics develops at degree level. Our University lecturers will extend and enrich your existing study of mathematics at A-level (or equivalent) through a series of talks.
Experience life as an undergraduate physics student at the University of Leeds on this two-night residential summer school.
© Copyright Leeds 2018