All participants are expected to adhere to the following code of conduct. This is to ensure the enjoyment of your fellow participants, student hosts and academic staff.
If you have any questions, please contact the STEM@Leeds Team at STEM@leeds.ac.uk.
- The school/college must provide an adequate number of staff on the day to ensure a reasonable level of supervision is maintained. We suggest one member of staff per 15 students for secondary schools and 1 member of staff per 10 for
- School/college staff will be expected to accompany students to all activities throughout the visit.
- The discipline of students is the sole responsibility of the school/college staff at all times. Students who disrupt the event/activities provided by the University team may be excluded from the remaining activities of the day.
- All students chosen to attend a University of Leeds event should be willing participants. Students shall be expected to stay for the duration of the event/activities.
- The safety and well being of students on the journey to and from the University is the responsibility of the school/college. In situations where students have been requested to make their own way to the University and fail to attend, the University will not be held responsible and accepts no liability for their safety and welfare.
- All students must receive an adequate briefing by a teacher beforehand to make them aware of the programme and what will be expected of them on the day.
- The University is on a large campus and you may be required to walk up to five minutes to get to the workshop venue. Please ensure that all members of your group are wearing appropriate shoes and outerwear.
- Open-toed shoes are not suitable for wearing in laboratories. Please ensure that all of your group are wearing sensible shoes if applicable.
- If anyone in your group has special mobility or accessibility requirements, please inform us as soon as possible so that the appropriate arrangements can be made.
- Photographs or filming may take place at the event. Permission to photograph or film any individual will be sought by the University of Leeds before the event.
- Specific rules and regulations may be announced at the start of the event/activity and participants must comply with these. We respectfully ask you to obey all safety signs and warnings you may come across whilst on University premises. They must not be ignored and this is particularly important when it comes to any building work going on at the campus.
- The University accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of property.