- Date: -
- Time: Various
- Location: School/ College & University of Leeds
- Target Audience : For Post- 16 students interested in studying Engineering at University
- Booking information: Maximum 12 students per school
- How to apply: Complete the Online Teacher Booking Form
- Categories: Computing, Engineering, Post 16, STEM
- Tags: 2021-22, Engineering, face to face activity, junior robot fighting league, robotics, University
The Junior Robot Fighting League, a Robot Wars style event, consists of 2 days of activity in school and on campus from January- March 2022. Your students are invited to compete and be crowned the Junior Robot Fighting Champion 2022.
This will involve a practical electrical engineering workshop in school (equipment will be provided) where students will build their own remote control robots in small groups in addition to a mini-lecture about admissions and careers. You will then be invited onto campus for a tour of the university before competing in the Junior Robot Fighting League in the Pyramid Theatre. This live event will take place in a purpose built arena with a selected panel of judges.
Activity will be delivered by teaching staff and current students from *Shocksoc at the University of Leeds.
- January/ February 2022 – Day 1 in school: Practical Workshops (1.5 hours) plus mini-lecture (30 mins), total 2 hours (teacher to select dates)
- Wednesday 9 March 2022, 9:30- 2:30pm – Day 2 on campus: Tour of the university plus competition
For more information please visit the website pages.