- Time: 9:30am-3:00pm
- Location: University of Leeds, School of Physics and Astronomy, E C Stoner Building
- External URL: https://www.talkphysics.org/events/iop-institute-of-physics-yorkshire-day-3/
- Timings: 9:30am to 3:00pm
- Cost: Free
- Categories: Physics
- Tags: CPD, Physics, Teachers
Lectures, masterclasses, workshops and more. All teachers of physics, technicians and trainees welcome.
The day is designed to inspire your teaching, upgrade and develop your practical physics skills and present new ideas and suggestions to incorporate into your teaching armoury. We hope it accomplishes this by a mixture of lectures, workshops, masterclasses and the inevitable congenial networking over a nice lunch.
Following the main programme there will be a coaching workshop for anyone who works with other teachers to develop their professional practice.
Bookings are available at https://www.talkphysics.org/events/iop-institute-of-physics-yorkshire-day-3/
Teachers will have a choice of two workshops from the following:
• “What’s new about Energy?”
• “Electricity for non-specialists”
• “Exploring Waves at KS4”
• “Improving Gender Balance in Physics”
• “The Science Capital Approach”
• “Making the most of Space”
Car parking spaces at Leeds University are restricted and should be pre-booked by contacting Erin McNeill via her email E.McNeill@leeds.ac.uk Further details about car parking can be found on the website link: carparking.leeds.ac.uk/visitors
Please note: the map displayed below is the postal address. Access to the physical location of this event via this link. Here’s a campus map for reference: leeds.ac.uk/campusmap