Engineering programmes at the University of Leeds lead students to top UK and international engineering posts. Join in the Headstart programme at Leeds and see what makes us special.
What’s it all about?
The course provides a fun introduction to the study of electronic and electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and computing at university. During the course we will give you the information, support and materials that you need to make a functioning wheeled robot.
What will I be doing?
• Working in teams to build your own self-guided, unmanned wheeled robot
• Testing your wheeled robot against other teams
• Experimenting with friction, aerodynamics, materials, motors, ultrasound sensors, embedded systems and programming
• Learning about a range of engineering topics
• Meeting our students and hearing about being a student at Leeds University
• Taking part in a full social programme including a visit to the multi-activity entertainment centre Xscape in Castleford, and a visit to the impressive Cummins Turbo Technologies plant in Huddersfield.
For more information and to apply, visit the EDT website.